CBA-CLE Live Zoom Presentation Instructions
Thank you for agreeing to give your presentation for CBA-CLE live via Zoom.
On the day of the program, please log into the meeting at least 15 minutes in advance of the start of your assigned time. Make sure you are in a quiet room with good lighting and minimal distractions. This includes silencing your cell phone and disabling notifications on your computer. We have found that several applications (Outlook, Office 365, iCloud, any data synching programs) can slow down your bandwidth and we recommend quitting before recording. When you log into the meeting, there may be a presentation occurring before yours. Your microphone will automatically be muted. Please keep your microphone muted until you are ready to present. CLE will make you a “co-host” shortly before your session begins. Do not worry if you are not made a host automatically, we wait until a few moments before you present to make that change. As a host you will be able to share your audio, video and screen (if you choose).
- Visit https://zoom.us/, click “Join a Meeting,” and enter your Meeting ID and password that was emailed to you by CLE staff
- If asked, “Open Zoom” or continue in browser
- Join with your preferred audio (computer audio, external speakers, etc.)
- When it is time for your presentation to begin, CBA-CLE staff will turn you into a meeting “host” and you will be able to share your camera.
- Start video and share your computer screen if appropriate for the presentation. If you are using PowerPoint, please use “presentation mode.”
- When you are finished presenting, the Program Attorney will ask attendees for questions. Please wait until the end of your presentation to take questions. This helps us ensure we are on schedule.
- Thank you for presenting for CBA-CLE!
Before the day of your presentation, please take the following steps. If you have any issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to CBA-CLE for assistance.
Check your Equipment
You will need a computer or other electronic device to participate in a Zoom session. You may need to download the Zoom application. This is available on the Zoom website or in any app store.
Your device needs:
- A webcam
- A microphone, such as the built-in microphone, a USB microphone, or an inline microphone on headphones
- Speakers or headphones
Most laptops and computers have these components already built in. Please test all aspects before the program.
How to Test your Audio and Video Connection
There are two ways to join a meeting - via computer or via telephone. We would prefer that you join via computer and share your audio and video.
Follow these directions to test your audio before joining the meeting. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio
Follow these directions to test your video before joining the meeting. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362313-How-Do-I-Test-My-Video-
You can also join the test meeting if you want to test your audio and video and familiarize yourself with the meeting controls. https://zoom.us/test
Are you using PowerPoint?
Test Sharing your Computer Screen
- Click the Share Screen button located in your meeting tool bar.
- Select the screen you want to share. You can also choose an individual application that is already open on your computer, the desktop, or a whiteboard.
- Click Share Screen. Zoom will automatically switch to full screen to optimize the shared screen view.
- For PowerPoint we recommend having your presentation on “full screen or presentation mode” rather than “presenter view”
- If you are sharing your computer screen and plan to play videos that contain audio, you must enable “Share Computer Sound” in your audio settings
Are you using a document camera?
Test Screen Sharing a Camera Input
Screen sharing a camera input allows for sharing a camera connected to your computer. This will allow using two cameras at once during a Zoom meeting. This is commonly used when needing to share a document camera.