CBA-CLE Program Development Timeline
Full-Day, Classroom Program
(Planning timeline will be more condensed for a 1-2 hour course and longer for a multi-day conference)
24 Weeks Before Program
- Program Attorney and program chair meet to discuss the program content and potential speakers
- Program Attorney creates timeline and deadlines
- Program Attorney creates a rough draft agenda and generates the program template for internal use
20 Weeks Before Program (or more)
- Program chair reaches out to faculty, inviting them to speak. Program Attorney may assist with invitations. Provide specific information on what topic(s) should be covered. Discuss ethics/professionalism/EDI content, if applicable.
- If faculty members agree to speak, connect them with Program Attorney for confirmation and other logistics.
12 Weeks Before Program
- Final agenda is due. Program Attorney communicates with program chair to confirm.
- Program Attorney will prepare ad copy for the program, in consultation with the with program chair and CBA-CLE marketing team.
10 Weeks Before Program
- Program registration opens
- Marketing begins
2-3 Weeks Before Program
- Faculty course materials are due
2 Weeks Before Program
- Program Attorney will review course materials book before it is sent to program chair and faculty members for any final edits.
5-7 Days Before Program
- Program Attorney will check in with program chair and discuss any final logistics.
Day Before the Program
- CBA-CLE staff will set up classroom and materials as needed.
Day of Program
- Program Attorney will welcome and assist program chair and faculty.
- Program attorney will give brief housekeeping remarks, before handing the microphone to the program chair for remarks and faculty introductions.
1-2 Days After Program
- Program Coordinator will send thank you notes and CLE credit information.
2-3 Weeks After Program
- Program Attorney will collect and summarize evaluations, sharing them with the program chair.
- If needed, Program Attorney will schedule a program de-brief meeting with program chair.