Program Chair/Planner Expectations
With the help of dedicated program chairs, our non-profit organization is proud to deliver high-quality, Colorado-focused continuing legal education (CLE) programs, to over 10,000 attendees each year. Our program chairs are leaders and experts in their fields, and we could not serve the legal community without you. To ensure programs are well-organized and smoothly executed, CBA-CLE asks that all program planners agree to the following expectations:
- Respect all deadlines. We rely on program planners to meet their deadlines so that we can apply for CLE credit, market the program, arrange necessary staff and technology support, provide attendees with written materials in advance, etc.
- Keep in touch with your CBA-CLE team members. We are here to help you, support your ideas, and to answer any questions you may have.
Planning the Program
- Determine the program’s learning objective(s) and intended audience.
- Identify potential presenters. Always include diverse and young attorneys on the program faculty.
- Remind faculty that they must contribute high-quality written materials.
- Participate in meetings with faculty members and CBA-CLE staff to organize presentation content and avoid duplication.
During the Program
- Embrace your role as the program host by ensuring it runs smoothly.
- Introduce speakers and sessions.
- Enforce time limits.
- Encourage the audience to ask questions. Prepare 2-3 questions for the presenters in advance if none are submitted by the audience.
- Thank program sponsors and partnering sections/groups/organizations.
- Network and interact with faculty and attendees.