3rd Annual Colorado Litigators Summit - Virtual
No traffic jams. No parking. No hassles. A few clicks from wherever you and your device are located will give you access to this year’s 3rd annual, but first, fully virtual summit designed for both plaintiff and defense litigators.
Colorado jurists, including the Chief Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court, and leading litigators will share their wisdom and expertise. Brush up on how to be more effective in your litigation and trial practice. Gain insights on professionalism best practices from those who set the standards. Plus, hear about the state of the judiciary and its priorities in these challenging times of COVID-19.
Be a part of this new tradition for Colorado litigators, which has never been more accessible or affordable.
- Fully virtual, this year’s summit includes litigation trends, strategies, best practices, ethics, professionalism, cannabis, and a discussion of the new COVID-19 normal
- Colorado’s new tradition brings together members of the judiciary and the plaintiff and defense bar for a day focused on professionalism and improving litigation and trial skills
- Virtual 1:1 networking and a mixologist showing you how to shake up delectable cocktails and mocktails included!
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!
Sponsorship opportunities are still available! For more information, please contact Melissa Higham at email@example.com
9:00 – 9:05am
Introductions and Welcome
Extended by the 3rd Annual Colorado Litigators’ Summit Planning Committee: Kayla D. Dreyer, Esq., Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Patricia Y. Ho, Esq., Sheridan Ross PC, Lucas T. Ritchie, Esq., Moye White LLP, Nicoal C. Sperrazza, Esq., The Law Office of Nicoal C. Sperrazza, PC, Sam D. Starritt, Esq., Wolford Dudek, and Elizabeth S. Wylie, Esq., Snell & Wilmer
9:05 – 9:55am
Professionalism and Expert Witnesses — Best Practices for Keeping You and Your Expert on the Right Side of the Ethical Line, While Still Advancing Your Client’s Very Best Case
(Submitted for 1 Ethics Credit)
- Honorable Boyd Boland, Magistrate Judge (ret.), U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, Mediator and Arbiter, JAG, Inc.
- Michele On-ja Choe, Esq., Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell LLP
- David P. Hersh, Esq., Burg | Simpson | Eldredge | Hersh | Jardine PC
Moderated by Damian J. Arguello, Esq., Colorado Insurance Law Center
10:05 - 10:55am
Trending Claims and Litigation Strategies: Current Tactics for Keeping Would-Be Adversaries at Bay
- Kelley B. Duke, Esq., Ireland Stapleton
- Thomas Werge, Esq., Werge Law LLC
- Elizabeth S. Wylie, Esq., Snell & Wilmer
- Charlene Yaneza, Esq., Senior Vice President and
- Deputy General Counsel for Litigation, Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs, Western Union
Moderated by Kathryn A. Starnella, Esq., Wells, Anderson & Race, LLC
11:05 – 12:00pm
Living and Leading in 2020 and Beyond: Safely Leading Your Partners, Employees, and Clients in the New COVID-19 Normal, and Lessons Learned Over the Last 6 Months. Insights from Denver Thought Leaders
- Richard B. Benenson, Esq., Managing Partner Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Natalie Hanlon Leh, Esq., Chief Deputy Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General, Colorado Department of Law
- Thomas M. List, Esq., Managing Partner, Moye White LLP
- Valeri Pappas, Esq., Managing Partner, Davis & Ceriani
Moderated by Lucas T. Ritchie, Esq., Moye White LLP
12:00 – 12:45 pm
Join us for lunch in the networking lounge
Remarks from Nicoal C. Sperrazza, Esq., Chairperson, Colorado Bar Association Litigation Section and Amy Larson, Managing Director, CBA-CLE, Executive Director and CEO, Colorado Bar Association
Grab your lunch and join us in the networking lounge
Our virtual networking lounge allows you to table hop and move about the room, just as you would if we were all together in-person. Be sure to sign up ahead of time, and upload your photo, contact info and socials to maximize your networking.
Nicoal C. Sperrazza, Esq., Chairperson, Colorado Bar Association Litigation Section and Amy Larson, Managing Director, CBA-CLE, Executive Director and CEO, Colorado Bar Association will offer some brief remarks at 12:30.
12:50 – 1:30pm
FEATURED PRESENTATION: State of the Judiciary from the Perspective of the Colorado Supreme Court's Chief Justice
Honorable Nathan B. Coats, Chief Justice, Colorado Supreme Court
1:40 - 2:30pm
Gender Bias in the Legal Profession: Ethical Rules and the Boundaries of Professional Conduct
(Submitted for 1 Ethics Credit)
- Nicole Marie Black, Esq., Cohen|Black Law
- Lorraine E. Parker, Parker Lipman, LLP
- Jessica Yates, Esq., Attorney Regulation Counsel, Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel, Colorado Supreme Court
Moderated by Nicoal C. Sperrazza, Esq., The Law Office of Nicoal C. Sperrazza PC
2:40 - 3:30pm
Lessons from Greater Colorado: Best Practices for Maintaining a Litigation and Trial Practice as a Generalist and Navigating the Unique Challenges Attendant to Litigation Outside of the Denver Metropolitan Area
- Honorable Denise Lynch, Judge, 9th Judicial District Court
- Karl Kuenhold, Esq., The Law Office of Karl Kuenhold LLC
- Josh W. Mack, Esq., Goldman, Nicholson & Mack PC
- Kathie T. Riley, Esq., Kathie Troudt Riley PC
Moderated by Sam D. Starritt, Esq., Dufford, Waldek
3:35 – 4:25pm
The Proliferation of Cannabis Litigation: Recent Developments and Top Issues Trending in the World of Cannabis Litigation
- Patricia Y. Ho Esq., Sheridan Ross PC
- Dean Richardson, Esq., Moye White LLP
- Sean T. McAllister, Esq., McAllister Garfield PC
Moderated by Wesley B. Howard, Esq., Howard Law Firm PC
Join us in the Litigators’ Summit Lounge for a Virtual Mixer with Mixologist Jason Randall — Learn How to Shake Up Delectable Cocktails and Mocktails
Visit your sponsors, reconnect with your colleagues and expand your professional circle in small groups or 1:1 via video. Our virtual networking lounge
allows you to table hop and move about the room, just as you would if we were all together in-person. Be sure to sign up ahead of time, and upload your photo, contact info and socials to maximize your networking.
Tonight, alongside your conversations, you will compound your cocktail concocting with mixologist Jason Randall, who will teach us how to make fresh fall cocktails and mocktails.
See you at the 2021 Colorado Litigators’ Summit! October 14, 2021
CBA-CLE Virtual ConferenceGet directions
|Sponsor Non Member||$322.00|
|CBA Litigation Law Section Member||$219.00|
|Paralegal/Legal Support Staff||$141.00|
|New Lawyer Edge Partner||$127.00|
|CLEACCESSPASS - ELITE Pass Holder||$0.00|
To join the CBA or add a Section to your membership click
- The Changes to Rule 16: Prior Authorization and Denial
- Cumulative Trauma
- The Inside Track at the Division of Workers’ Compensation