Colorado Real Estate Practice 2022 Out of Stock
Co-Sponsored by the Colorado Bar Association Real Estate Law Section
7 WEEK COURSE: Every Tuesday, February 1, 2022 - March 15, 2022
Colorado Real Estate Practice is the seminal course for real estate practitioners in Colorado. If you are a recent bar admittee, real estate professional, paralegal, or experienced practitioner seeking a refresher, this course is for you! This course is for you if you are a recent bar admittee, real estate professional, paralegal, or an experienced practitioner seeking a refresher.
- Overview of real estate practice and malpractice, recognized areas of liability, and specialization
- Deeds and conveyancing, surveys, and land descriptions
- Title insurance, purchase and sale contracts, commercial and residential sales, and closings
- Financing and mortgages
- Public trustee foreclosures, judicial foreclosures, and quiet title actions
Required Course Materials
Colorado Real Estate Practice (Including 2022 Update) — a two-volume set with practice tips, discussion of relevant statutes and case law, sample forms, and checklists
Colorado Title Insurance Practice (Including 2022 Update) — a two-volume set, including title examination, policies, and endorsements
Real Estate Broker CE Credits
This seven-week program will be submitted for 14 hours of credit for real estate continuing education requirements under CRS § 12-61-110.5(3). Real estate brokers are NOT eligible for real estate CE credits for the home study formats.
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration must be received by January 15, 2022, to receive the course books before the start of the class. Additional shipping fees will apply for registration after 01/15/22 if rush shipping is requested.
If you are registering three or more people, please contact Lisa Cordova at 303-824-5375 or email@example.com for assistance.
Cancellations and refunds for this class may not be accepted after the start dates of the seminar and receipt of the course books. Cancellations with request of refund must be submitted in writing to CBA-CLE to Lori Krupske at firstname.lastname@example.org or Marissa Lobato at email@example.com, and any course materials already received must be returned in their original condition.
The home study will be available 2-3 weeks after the last class scheduled for March 15, 2022.
If disability accommodations or special assistance are needed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the scheduled program.
The program will be submitted for CLE accreditation in Colorado. If you need to seek accreditation in another state, please review the process and requirements for that individual state. CBA-CLE staff can provide a Uniform Certificate of Attendance, and it is the attendee’s responsibility to complete the accreditation outside of Colorado.
Every Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022 - Mar. 15, 2022
Time: 5:00 pm - 7:15 pm MT
Tuesday, February 1
- 5:00 (65 mins) Chapter 1 – Real Estate Malpractice – Nancy Cohen, Esq.
- 6:10 (65 mins) Chapter 3 – Surveys – Gregory J. Notarianni, Esq.
Tuesday, February 8
- 5:00 (65 mins) Chapter 2 – Deeds and Conveyancing – Charles D. Calvin, Esq.
- 6:10 (65 mins) Chapter 4 – Record Searches – Margaret Cook, Esq.
Tuesday, February 15
- 5:00 (65 mins) Chapter 9 – When Dirt Goes to Bankruptcy Court – Jennifer Salisbury, Esq.
- 6:10 (65 mins) Chapter 12 – Quiet Title Actions – Geoff Anderson, Esq.
Tuesday, February 22
- 5:00 (65 mins) Chapter 10 – Contract Drafting – Jill T. Norris, Esq.
- 6:10 (65 mins) Chapter 11 – Real Estate Closings – Christopher Lane, Esq. & Maria Oxman, Esq.
Tuesday, March 1
- 5:00 (65 mins) Chapter 6 – Mortgages and Financing – Thomas L. DeVine, Esq.
- 6:10 (65 mins) Chapter 7 – Foreclosure of Deeds of Trust by the Public Trustee – Deanne R. Stodden, Esq.
Tuesday, March 8
- 5:00 (65 mins) Chapter 8 – Judicial Foreclosure Actions and Sheriff’s Sales – Elizabeth S. Marcus, Esq.
- 6:10 (65 mins) Chapter 13 – Leases: Their Creation and Termination – Paul Means, Esq.
Tuesday, March 15
- 5:00 (130 mins) Chapter 5 – Title Insurance – Peter Griffiths, Esq.
- Standard Price $751.00 USD
- Member Price $466.00 USD
- General Credits 18.00
- Ethics Credits 1.50
- EDI Credits